Mount Saint Mary College's
Emotional Wellness Fair
hosted by Counseling Services
Tuesday, September 11th from 2-5 p.m.
in the Aquinas Hall Atrium
Parking is available behind Aquinas Hall
at the bottom of the hill
NAMI Orange will have an outreach information table
7th Annual FALL Wellness Fair
Thursday, September 27, 2018
10 am - 2 pm
Newburgh Campus (Kaplan Building)
Click here (and then click "Support Us" button)
now to support NAMI Orange with your donation!
50% of your donation will benefit NAMI Orange
and 50 % will be utilized by NAMI-NYS
In the last year alone, NAMI NYS has provided Hope and Help to over 185,000 individuals and families through our NAMI Signature programs, NAMI support group, Ending the Silence, a mental health literacy program for students, Crisis Intervention Training for law enforcement, table events, and social media.
Excerpts from NAMI-NYS Newsletter
NAMIWalks NYS: Strong Body, Strong Mind 2018
NAMI NYS invites You to join the movement...
Come Walk for Wellness on Saturday, September 29th at Jennings Landing, Albany NY. This inspirational community event will have a full day of live music, informational tabling, and family friendly activities.
NAMIWalks 2018- Every journey begins with that first step. This year, more than 50 thousand people in more than 85 communities across the nation will join NAMI and walk together to raise awareness of mental illness and raise funds for local, regional and state NAMI organizations.
Each NAMIWalks event brings together people of all ages and fitness levels for a fun 5K walk event. Those who are unable to walk with us are welcome to register and participate as a volunteer or “virtual walker” (or click on the first link above to donate to the cause).
Please pass along this information to your family and friends for their awareness. We welcome everyone's support! Our team captain, Dhanu Sannesy will be walking the walk!
Our team captain, Dhanu Sannesy will be walking the walk!
Click here for more details on our NAMIWalks webpage
Local Meetings/Support Groups on a Separate Page
The 2015 NAMI National Convention
Come Find Your Heart in San Francisco.
Whether you left your heart in San Francisco or you’ve never visited this beautiful city by the bay, make plans now to join us for the 2015 NAMI National Convention.
You won’t want to miss the outstanding program offerings including:
- Top-notch researchers and clinicians providing information and tools to advance and sustain recovery from mental illness
- People living with a mental illness and their families providing their own important perspectives on recovery
- The country’s keenest minds and savviest policymakers offering strategies and tactics to effectively advocate for changing the mental health system in our nation
- Abundant networking opportunities so we can learn from each other about how we can improve the lives of all people living with mental illness and their families
- Inspiration, innovation and an exhilarating four days in this wonderful city
Make your plans now to attend this life-changing event, July 6-9 in San Francisco.
The fastest & easiest way is to register online.
2015 Pre-Convention Registration Rates
|Full Registration Rates (includes closing night dinner ticket)
|Consumer Early Bird
|Day Registration Rates (does not include closing night dinner ticket)
|Consumer Day rate
Full Registration rates include the four days of convention attendance and a ticket to the closing night dinner.
These rates are for pre-convention registration only and are good through June 15, 2015. After that date, you must register onsite at a higher rate.
Member: To qualify for NAMI Member rates, you must be a current member and provide your member number or the name of your state affiliate.
Consumer: To qualify for the consumer rate, you must be an individual living with a mental illness.
Payment information: Full payment must be received with registration. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, check and purchase orders. Purchase orders must be paid by May 1, 2015.
Transfers: You may transfer your registration to another person. You must notify us in writing of this change no later than June 15, 2015.
- See more at: http://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/NAMI-National-Convention#sthash.PgYAChOx.dp
- All cancellations must be made in writing by mail, fax, or email by June 15, 2015
- If you cancel prior to May 31, 2015, there is a $25 service fee to cover administrative costs
- If you cancel between June 1 and June 15, there is a $50 service fee to cover administrative costs
- No refunds will be processed after June 15, 2015
Individuals, companies, organizations and others can all take the pledge to learn more about mental illness, to see a person for who they are and take action on mental health issues. Take the pledge and raise awareness.
- See more at: http://www.nami.org/stigmafree#sthash.GDkJqn4c.dpuf
Although the wonderful May 6 performance of "Every Brilliant Thing" is over,
there is one additional performance coming up:
- Saturday, October 27th at the NAMI-NYS Educational Conference in Albany
Here's what local reviewers have said about "Every Brilliant Thing"
Carol Montana from the Times Herald Record says, "Everything about this production...is indeed brilliant...funny and poignant, heartbreaking, joy-filled and genuinely wonderful." and describes Lori Schneider's performance by saying, "she breaks the theatrical fourth wall, telling the audience a story like she is relating it to her best friend..inviting them in to the character's life, growth, grief and joy. And like number six (on the list of brilliant things) - roller coasters - the play tinkers with your emotions, going up and down, careening around sharp turns, then lazily rising and plunging down into your mind and your heart."
Robert Score of the online review website, "Meet Me in the Green Room" calls the show fascinating and engaging and describes Lori Schneider's performance as "...intense...wonderfully pervasive...her humility and compassion for the subject...comically and poignantly...captures her audience...and invites everyone to be drawn enthusiastically into her story."
- Second Annual NAMI-NYS Honors Leaders of Mental Health Awareness Awards-Honorees to be announced shortly
- Parity at Ten Celebration
- Friday Afternoon Featured Session: Identifying Different Types of Community Based Mental Health and Crisis Services
- Focus tracks on Children's Mental Health Issues, Military Families and Criminal Justice.
- Friday Focus: Session Maximizing Your Potential
- Novel Approaches to Research and Treatment
- Zero Suicide Sessions
- Saturday Afternoon Featured Session: "I am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help"
- Workshops on Specific Psychiatric Disorders
- Young Adult Focus TrackFocus
- Focus Session on Engaging Underserved Populations
- Focus Session on Mental Health Housing
- Saturday Evening Featured Session: Running for Life
- The Importance of Engaging Families in the Recovery Process
- Town Hall
- Ask the Doctor
Click here for more details